First do no harm [electronic resource] : medical ethics in international humanitarian law / by Sigrid Mehring
- Mehring, Sigrid
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill Nijhoff, 
- Physical Description:
- xii, 500 pages ; 25 cm.
- International humanitarian law series, 1389-6776 ; 44
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The role of physicians in armed conflict -- International humanitarian law -- International criminal law -- Customary status of international humanitarian law -- The relevant human rights norms applicable to the work of physicians in armed conflict -- The interpretation of the reference to medical ethics and generally accepted medical standards pursuant to the Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties -- Medical ethics in international law -- A pluralistic approach to medical ethics -- The documents by the World Medical Association (WMA) -- Conclusion, recommendations and outlook.
- 9789004279155 (hardback : alk. paper) and 9789004279162 (e-book)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 445-495) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20523759