First language use in second and foreign language learning [electronic resource] / edited by Miles Turnbull and Jennifer Dailey-O'Cain
- Second language acquisition
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Teachers' use of the first language in French immersion : revisiting a core principle / Brian McMillan and Miles Turnbull -- Teacher use of codeswitching in the second language classroom : exploring 'optimal' use / Ernesto Macaro -- Codeswitching in computer-mediated communication : linguistic and interpersonal dimensions of cross-national discourse between school learners of French and English / Michael Evans -- Target language use in English classes in Hungarian primary schools / Krisztina Nagy and Daniel Robertson -- Forms and functions of codeswitching by dual immersion students : a comparison of heritage speaker and L2 children / Kim Potowski -- How bilingual children talk : strategic codeswitching among children in dual language programs / Janet M. Fuller -- Teacher and student use of the first language in foreign language classroom interaction : functions and applications / Jennifer Dailey-O'Cain and Grit Liebscher -- Building meaning through code choice in second language learner interaction : A D/discourse analysis and proposals for curriculum design and teaching / Glenn S. Levine -- The impact of pedagogical materials on critical language awareness : assessing student attention to patterns of language use / Carl S. Blyth -- Concluding reflections : moving forward / Miles Turnbull and Jennifer Dailey-O'Cain.
- 9781847691965 (hbk.), 184769196X (hbk.), 9781847691958 (pbk.), 1847691951 (pbk.), 9781847691972 (ebk.), and 1847691978 (ebk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 187-207).
View MARC record | catkey: 20523762