Frontiers of faith [electronic resource] : the Christian encounter with Manichaeism in the Acts of Archelaus / edited by Jason BeDuhn & Paul Mirecki
- Additional Titles:
- Christian encounter with Manichaeism in the Acts of Archelaus
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 178 p. ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- BeDuhn, Jason and Mirecki, Paul Allan
- Nag Hammadi and Manichaean studies, 0929-2470 ; v. 61
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Placing the Acts of Archelaus / Jason BeDuhn and Paul Mirecki -- Hesitant and ignorant : the portrayal of Mani in the Acts of Archelaus / J. Kevin Coyle -- Mani's letter to Marcellus : fact and fiction in the Acta Archelai revisited / Iain Gardner -- Narrative options in Manichaean eschatology / Tudor Andrei Sala -- A clash of portraits : contrasts between Archelaus and Mani in the Acta Archelai / J. Kevin Coyle -- A war of words : intertextuality and the struggle over the legacy of Christ in the Acta Archelai / Jason BeDuhn -- The light and the darkness : the two natures, free will, and the scriptural evidence in the Acta Archelai / Kevin Kaatz -- "Et sicut rex--" : competing ideas of kingship in the anti-Manichaean Acta Archelai / Timothy Pettipiece -- Biblical antitheses, Adda, and the Acts of Archelaus / Jason BeDuhn -- Acta Archelai 63.5-6 and PGM I. 42-195 : a rooftop ritual for acquiring an aerial spirit assistant / Paul Mirecki -- Basilides' "Barbarian cosmogony" : its nature and function within the Acta Archelai / Byard Bennett.
- 9789004161801 (hardback : alk. paper)
9004161805 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -171) and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 20524261