The future of religion [electronic resource] : toward a reconciled society / edited by Michael R. Ott
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, 490 p. ; 25 cm.
- Studies in critical social sciences, 1573-4234 ; v. 9
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: The development of the critical theory of religion in Dubrovnik from 1975 to 2007 / Rudolf J. Siebert -- Constantine : from religious pluralism to Christian hegemony / A. James Reimer -- Christianity and the concept of national guilt / Denis R. Janz -- Pius XII and the Third Reich / Hans K. Weitensteiner -- Tepeyac and Plymouth Rock : pilgrimage and nationalism in Mexico and the United States / Brian C. Wilson -- Pains and pleasures of opium, religion, and modernity : a new view of Robert Owen / Anja Finger -- Max Horkheimer's negative theology of the totally other / Michael R. Ott -- Functional view of religion: limits and dangers : some remarks and directions / Gottfried Küenzlen -- Religion within the space of reasons / Helmut Fritzsche -- Spiritual culture : transcendence of the fundamental problems of life / Reimon Bachika -- Future of Christianity as a question about the future of Europe / Gottfried Küenzlen -- Civil society and the globalization of its "state of emergency" : the longing for the totally other as a force of social change / Michael R. Ott -- Social philosophical reflections on the concepts of culture and multiculturalism in the context of globalization / Kjartan Selnes -- Ethics and religion: from modern "Aufhebung" to post-modern revival / Mislav Kukoč -- Ethics of interpretation after postmodernism / Hans-Herbert Kögler -- Toward a naturalistic foundation of community : how science can solve the spiritual crisis? / Werner Krieglstein -- Socio-economic basis for religious socialization and youth issues in Croatia / Dunja Potočnik -- Serbian Orthodox Church and the Serbian national identity : some relations and controversies / Alexandra Basa -- Education toward humanity / Aurelia Margaretic -- Human being called "homo techno-sapiens" : a note on a post-human perspective / Jan Fennema -- Theology of revolution versus theology of counter-revolution / Rudolf J. Siebert.
- 9789004160149 (hd.bd.) and 9004160140 (hd.bd.)
- International conference proceedings.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -481) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20524351