Hanging by a thread [electronic resource] : cotton, globalization, and poverty in Africa / edited by William G. Moseley and Leslie C. Gray
- Additional Titles:
- Cotton, globalization, and poverty in Africa
- Athens, Ohio : Ohio University Press ; Uppsala : Nordic Africa Institute, c2008.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 297 p. : ill., maps ; 22 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Moseley, William G. and Gray, Leslie
- Ohio University research in international studies. Global and comparative studies series ; no. 9
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Cotton, globalization, and poverty in Africa / William G. Moseley and Leslie C. Gray -- Producing poverty : power relations and price formation in the cotton commodity chains of West Africa / Thomas J. Bassett -- Cotton production in Burkina Faso : international rhetoric versus local realities / Leslie C. Gray -- Mali's cotton conundrum : commodity production and development on the periphery / William G. Mosely -- Decline of Bt cotton in KwaZulu-Natal : technology and institutions / Marnus Gouse, Bhavani Shankar, and Colin Thirtle -- Many paths of cotton sector reform in East and Southeast Africa : lessons from a decade of experience / David Tschirley, Colin Poulton, and Duncan Boughton -- Cotton production, poverty, and inequality in rurarl Benin : evidence from the 1990s / Corinne Siaens and Quentin Wodon -- Rural development is more than commodity production : cotton in the farming system of Kita, Mali / Dolores Koenig -- Cotton casualties and cooperatives : reinventing farmer collectives at the expense of rural Malian communities? / Scott M. Lacy -- Genetically engineered cotton : politics, science, and power in West Africa / Jim Bingen -- Organic cotton in Sub-Saharan Africa : a new development paradigm? / Brian M. Dowd -- Hanging by a thread : the future of cotton in Africa / Leslie C. Gray and William G. Moseley.
- 9780896802605 (pb : alk. paper) and 0896802604 (pb : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20525266