Hiring and firing public officials [electronic resource] : rethinking the purpose of elections / Justin Buchler
- Buchler, Justin
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 260 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Elections and the politics of threats -- What is electoral competition? -- Elections as employment mechanisms -- Market competition -- Electoral actors in the market and employment models -- Competitive elections in the market and employment models -- Competitive behavior and competitive elections -- Corruption and competition -- Policy implications of the market and employment models.
- 9780199759965 (hardback : alk. paper)
0199759960 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 245-253) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20525552