Kabuki at the crossroads years of crisis, 1952-1965 [electronic resource] / by Samuel L. Leiter
- Leiter, Samuel L.
- Leiden ; Boston : Global Oriental, 
- Physical Description:
- xix, 744 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- And then there was one: Tokyo's three top acting companies -- Three K factors: Kenkyu Kai, Koryu, and Kaomise -- Kansai Kabuki at the crossroads -- Communists, teenage girls, and little theatres: three alternative Kabuki troupes -- When Toho got its Mojo -- Yakusha or Haiyu?: Kabuki actors at the crossroads -- Changing names, memorial flames -- Shumei of the century: the Danjuro dilemma -- Till death do your parts: debuts, education, and mortality -- From the Ginza to Broadway: Kabuki goes global -- Playhouses, programming, and plays -- Appendixes: A chronology of programs and events, May 1952 to December 1965 -- B Study groups: 1952-1965 -- C Traditional plays and the Zenshin-za 576 -- D The Katabami-za at the Sumida Gekijo and Oji Hall: 1952-1964 -- E Koshiro VII and Toho 580 -- F Selected awards: 1952-1965 -- G Shumei: 1952-1965 -- H Acting debuts: 1952-1965 -- I Actors' deaths: 1952-1965 -- J Production statistics: 1952-1965 -- K Actors, names -- L Synopses of new plays produced at the Kabuki-za: 1952-1965.
- 9789004250093 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20527436