Language, culture and the dynamics of age [electronic resource] / edited by Anna Duszak and Urszula Okulska
- Berlin ; New York : De Gruyter Mouton, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- x, 378 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Duszak, Anna and Okulska, Urszula
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Age and language studies / Anna Duszak and Urszula Okulska -- Age and social identification: Aging and sociolinguistic variation / David Bowie -- Multiple identities of elderly Dutch-Australians /Ingrid Seebus -- Narrative as snapshot: Glimpses into the past in Alzheimer's discourse / Heidi E. Hamilton -- Alliance building and identity work in early adolescent girls' talk: Conversational accomplishments of playful dueling /Angela M. Ardington -- Discursive construction of the JPII Generation in letters of Polish children and teenagers to Pope John Paul II / Urszula Okulska -- Articulating male and female adolescent identities via the language of personal advertisements: A Malaysian perspective / Bahiyah Dato Hj. Abdul Hamid and Kesumawati Abu Bakar -- Age in inter-generational communication: Elder abuse and neglect: A communication framework / Howard Giles and Jill Helmle -- -- Discursive construction of (elderly) age-identity in Poland / Agnieszka Kielkiewicz-Janowiak -- Alcohol as a way of :doing" adolescence: Perspective, stance and strategy in the discourse of Italian institutions / Giuseppina Cortese -- "Old" and "young" in discourses of Polish transformations / Anna Duszak -- "The regime of the adult": Textual manipulations in translated, hybrid and glocal texts for young readers / Michal Borodo -- Age and the codification of the English language / Ingrid Tieken-Boon van Ostade.
- 9783110238105 (hbk. : alk. paper)
3110238101 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20527734