A lawless breed [electronic resource] : John Wesley Hardin, Texas Reconstruction, and violence in the Wild West / by Chuck Parsons and Norman Wayne Brown ; with a foreword by Leon C. Metz
- Parsons, Chuck
- Denton, Tex. : University of North Texas Press, c2013.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 490 p. : ill., map, photographs ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Brown, Norman Wayne
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- First blood -- Gunfire in Hill County -- Mexico or Kansas? -- Shedding blood in Kansas -- The Texas State Police -- Capture and escape -- The end of Jack Helm -- Killing intensifies -- A "bully from Canada" -- Fighting Waller's Texas Rangers -- Leaving the Lone Star State -- Troubles in Florida -- "Texas, by God!" -- Hardin on trial -- Huntsville and punishment -- Dreams of a future -- Seeing Jane again -- A full pardon -- Attorney at law, J.W. Hardin -- Troubles in Pecos -- Troubles in El Paso -- "I'll meet you smoking" -- The youngest brother -- End of the gunfighters.
- 9781574415056 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 472-480) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20527892