Concepts in male health [electronic resource] : perspectives across the lifespan / James E. Leone
- Leone, James E., 1976-
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, c2012.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 462 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Public health/aahe ; 21
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Historical perspectives of male health -- Birth and infancy -- Early childhood -- Toddler years and young childhood -- School age -- Preadolescence and tween years -- Adolescence -- Young adulthood -- Middle adulthood -- Older adulthood -- Elder years -- Death -- Promoting male health.
- "This important resource offers a practical approach to understanding the health of males of all races, ethnicities, socioeconomic status, cultures, ages, and orientations. It provides solid guidance for males to optimize their well-being and prevent illness and impairment. Each chapter of this book comprehensively reviews an important dimension of a male health and examines the contributing epidemiological, historical, psychosocial, cultural/ethical, legal, political, and economic influences. It is ideal for programs in health education, public health, community health nursing, and other health sciences. The diverse range of topics will allow for complete coverage ranging from body and sexuality to aggression and occupational health"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780470486382 (pbk.) and 0470486384 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20528694