The military lens [electronic resource] : doctrinal difference and deterrence failure in Sino-American relations / Christopher P. Twomey
- Twomey, Christopher P.
- Ithaca, N.Y. : Cornell University Press, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 260 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Cornell studies in security affairs
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The military language of diplomacy -- Doctrinal differences and misperception -- Comparing theories of victory : facing off over Korea -- The United States crosses the 38th Parallel -- China crosses the Yalu -- China postpones the invasion of Taiwan -- The emergence of doctrinal differences in the Middle East, 1956 to 1973 -- Implications for theory and dangers in the Taiwan Strait today.
- 9780801449147 (cloth : alk. paper)
0801449146 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20529655