MMA Mastery: Strike Combinations [electronic resource]
- Hatmaker, Mark
- Chula Vista : Tracks Publishing June 2011 Chicago : Independent Publishers Group [Distributor]
- Physical Description:
- 192 p. ill 08.500 x 05.500 in.
- MMA Mastery Ser
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation Covering the essential tactic and art of striking in a series of blows, this guide illustrates how todays best mixed martial arts fighters have discovered the devastating effect of punches in bunches, or strike combinations -- a mix that includes fists, kicks, elbows, and knees. The importance of striking in multiples of three is emphasised with an explanation of how to stage strikes in order to maximise load and release, counterstriking, creating angles, and straight striking. Also included is the tactical role of footwork, how to merge defensive and offensive moves, and overcoming the various challenges posed by range. Avoiding a common blend of different styles, this reference takes the most efficient combinations culled from elite competition and presents them in stair-stepped drill sets, enabling fighters to utilise the same striking approaches advocated by the best coaches and competitors in the business.
- 9781935937227 and 1935937227 (Trade Paper)
- Audience Notes:
- Trade Tracks Publishing
View MARC record | catkey: 20529784