Multilingualism and very young learners [electronic resource] : an analysis of pragmatic awareness and language attitudes / Laura Portolés Falomir
- Portolés Falomir, Laura
- Berlin ; Boston : De Gruyter Mouton, 
- Physical Description:
- xii, 206 pages : illustrations (some color), maps ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Part I. Theoretical framework. Chapter 1. Multilingualism -- Chapter 2. Multilingual pragmatic development in children -- Chapter 3. Language attitudes -- Part 2. The study. Chapter 4. Motivation for the present study -- Chapter 5. Results and discussion -- Chapter 6. Conclusion -- References -- Appendices. Appendix 1. Pragmatic comprehension test -- Appendix 2. Matched-guised technique -- Appendix 3. Oral interview -- Appendix 4. Booklet -- Appendix 5. Traffic light.
- "This book deals with early multilingual acquisition from a holistic, dynamic and multilingual perspective. It focuses on the analysis of pragmatic awareness and language attitudes of consecutive multilingual children in relation to other variables, such as the linguistic model or the age factor. This volume makes an important contribution to the field, providing evidence for the Dynamic Model of Multilingualism proposed by Herdina and Jessner" --
- 9781501510366 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 179-195) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20530291