Not white enough, not black enough [electronic resource] : racial identity in the South African coloured community / Mohamed Adhikari
- Adhikari, Mohamed
- Athens : Ohio University Press ; Cape Town : Double Storey Books, c2005.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 252 p. ; 22 cm.
- Ohio University research in international studies. Africa series ; no. 83
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Continuity and context : an overview of coloured identity in white supremacist South Africa -- History from the margins : changing perceptions of its past within the coloured community -- The predicament of marginality : case studies from the earlier period of white rule -- The hegemony of race : coloured identity within the radical movement during the mid-twentieth century -- The emperor's new clothes : coloured rejectionism during the latter phases of the apartheid era -- New responses to old dilemmas : coloured identity in a transforming South Africa.
- 0896802442 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 189-242) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20531091