Recognition, work, politics [electronic resource] : new directions in French critical theory / [edited] by Jean-Philippe Deranty ... [et al.].
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 315 p. ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Deranty, Jean-Philippe
- Social and critical theory, 1572-459X ; v. 5
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Themes and dialogues in contemporary French critical theory / Jean-Philippe Deranty, Danielle Petherbridge, John Rundell -- The ethical turn of aesthetics and politics / Jacques Rancière -- Constructions and deconstructions of the universal / Etienne Balibar -- Subjectivity, work, and action / Christophe Dejours -- Recognition today: the theoretical, ethical, and political stakes of the concept / Christian Lazzeri and Alain Caillé -- The work of negativity: a psychoanalytical revision of the theory of recognition / Axel Honneth -- Repressed materiality: retrieving the materialism in Axel Honneth's theory of recognition / Jean-Philippe Deranty -- Discourse ethics and the problem of nature / Stéphane Haber -- Biopolitics and social pathologies / Emmanuel Renault -- Durkheim and the reflexive condition of modernity / John Rundell -- The sacred, social creativity, and the state / Natalie Doyle -- Cosmopolitanism as a matter of domestic policy / Gérard Raulet -- Gender and political representation: the question of parité in France / Yves Sintomer.
- 9789004157880 (hardback : alk. paper) and 9004157883 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20534046