Red Eagle's children [electronic resource] : Weatherford vs. Weatherford et al. / edited by J. Anthony Paredes, Judith Knight
- Contemporary American Indian studies
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- A brief sketch of Creek country in the early nineteenth century / Robbie Ethridge -- Formation of the Tensaw community / Gregory A. Waselkov -- Early Alabama law and chancery practice / David I. Durham and Paul M. Pruitt Jr -- Edited transcript of case 1299 : Weatherford vs. Weatherford et al. / Judith Knight -- A modern Creek Indian reflection on Weatherford vs. Weatherford et al. / Nina Gail Thrower (recorded and transcribed by Robert Thrower).
- Weatherford, William, approximately 1780-1824—Trials, litigation, etc
- Inheritance and succession—Alabama—History—19th century—Cases
- Creek Indians—Legal status, laws, etc—Alabama—Cases
- Conflict of laws—Domestic relations—Alabama—History—19th century—Cases
- Creek Indians—Marriage customs and rites—History—19th century
- 9780817317706 (cloth : alk. paper) and 9780817386238 (e book)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -203) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20534110