Religion or halakha [electronic resource] : the philosophy of Rabbi Joseph B. Soloveitchik / by Dov Schwartz ; translated by Batya Stein
- Schwartz, Dov
- Uniform Title:
- Haguto ha-filosofit shel ha-Rav Soloveits'iḳ. English
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2007-
- Physical Description:
- v. <1- > ; 25 cm.
- Supplements to The journal of Jewish thought and philosophy, 1873-9008 ; v. 1
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The opening of Halakhic man : a covert dialogue with homo religiosus -- Homo religiosus: between religion and cognition -- The first paradigm of homo religiosus : Maimonides -- The second paradigm of homo religiosus : Kant -- Halakhic man as cognitive man -- The negation of metaphysics and of the messianic idea -- Mysticism, Kabbalah, and Hasidism -- Halakhic cognition and the norm -- Halakhic man's personality structure -- Religiosity after cognition : all-inclusive consciousness -- Myth as metaphor : halakhic man as a creator of worlds -- Change or interpretation: repentance as creativity -- On providence and prophecy -- Halakhic man after twenty years : what has changed?.
- 9789004157668 (alk. paper)
9004157662 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -363) and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 20534350