The rise of the Ku Klux Klan [electronic resource] : right-wing movements and national politics / Rory McVeigh
- McVeigh, Rory
- Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- 244 p. : ill., map ; 23 cm.
- Social movements, protest, and contention ; v. 32
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The Klan as a national movement -- The rebirth of a Klan nation, 1915-1924 -- Power devaluation -- Responding to economic change : redefining markets along cultural lines -- National politics and mobilizing "100 percent American" voters -- Fights over schools and booze -- How to recruit a Klansman -- Klan activism across the country -- The Klan's last gasp : campaigning to keep a Catholic out of the White House, 1925-1928 -- Conclusion: Right-wing movements, yesterday and today.
- Ku Klux Klan (1915- )—History—20th century
- Right-wing extremists—United States—History—20th century
- Social movements—United States—History—20th century
- Racism—United States—History—20th century
- Political culture—United States—History—20th century
- United States—Race relations—Political aspects—History—20th century
- United States—Politics and government—1913-1921
- United States—Politics and government—1921-1923
- United States—Politics and government—1923-1929
- 9780816656196 (hardcover : alk. paper), 0816656193 (hardcover : alk. paper), 9780816656202 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 0816656207 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 221-229) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20534824