Social epileptology [electronic resource] : understanding social aspects of epilepsy / Jaya Pinikahana and Christine Walker, editors
- New York : Nova Science Publishers, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 288 p. ; 27 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Pinikahana, Jaya and Walker, Christine, Ph. D.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Epilepsy : definition, syndromes, and treatment / Jordan Kamel and Mark Cook -- Beliefs and perceptions of epilepsy in different cultures / Jaya Pinikahana -- Epilepsy, stigma and society / Graham Scambler -- Who gets treatment for epilepsy? : the political economy of the treatment gap / Christine Walker -- Epilepsy and women's health issues / Line Sveberg R2ste and Erik Taub2ll -- Injuries in epilepsy / Rita Nguyen and Josâe F. Tâellez-Zenteno -- Epilepsy, driving and law / Roy G. Beran -- Epilepsy, culture, identity and wellbeing : a study of the social, cultural and environmental context of epilepsy in Cameroon / Pascale Allotey and Daniel Reidpath -- Knowledge, attitudes and epilepsy / John O. Elliott, Sheri Hart and Christine Charyton -- Employment and epilepsy / Ramon Edmundo D. Bautista and Logan A. Crews -- Epilepsy and physical exercise : how much is too much? / Ricardo Mario Arida, Fulvio Alexandre Scorza and Esper Abräao Cavalheiro -- Economic and psychosocial burden of epilepsy in developing countries / Sanjeev V. Thomas -- Epilepsy and media / Toba Schwaber Kerson.
- 9781608762286 (hardcover : alk. paper)
1608762289 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20535997