Texts in transit [electronic resource] : manuscript to proof and print in the fifteenth century / by Lotte Hellinga
- Hellinga, Lotte
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 452 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Press and text in the first decades of printing -- The text in the printing house : printer's copy -- List of printer's copy used in the fifteenth century -- Proofreading and printing in Mainz in 1459 -- Augustinus, De civitate Dei, printed at Subiaco in 1467 -- Poggio's Facetiae in print -- Poggio Bracciolini's Historia fiorentina in manuscript and print -- The first book printed in Oxford -- Two editors, three printers : M.T. Cicero, Orationes printed in Venice, 1471-1480 -- From Poggio to Caxton : early translations of some of Poggio's Latin Facetiae -- The travels of Marco Polo and Gheraert Leeu -- The history of Jason : from manuscripts for the Burgundian court to printed books for readers in the towns of Holland -- Nicholas Love's mirror in print -- Wynkyn de Worde and The book of St Albans -- William Caxton and the Malory manuscript.
- 9789004277168 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 20537512