Visual transduction and non-visual light perception [electronic resource] / edited by Joyce Tombran-Tink, Colin J. Barnstable
- Ophthalmology research
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- An organ of exquisite perfection / George Ayoub -- Development of the Foveal specialization / Keely M. Bumsted O'Brien -- An update on the regulation of rod photoreceptor development / Edward M. Levine and Sabine Fuhrmann -- Photoreceptor-RPE interactions : physiology and molecular mechanisms / Silvia C. Finnemann and Yongen Chang -- Molecular biology of IRBP and its role in the visual cycle / Diane E. Borst, Jeffrey H. Boatright, and John M. Nickerson -- Regulation of photoresponses by phosphorylation / Alecia K. Gross, Qiong Wang, and Theodore G. Wensel -- The cGMP signaling pathway in retinal photoreceptors and the central role of photoreceptor phosphodiesterase (PDE6) / Rick H. Cote -- Rhodopsin structure, function, and involvement in retinitis pigmentosa / Scott Gleim and John Hwa -- Multiple signaling pathways govern calcium homeostasis in photoreceptor inner segments / Tamas Szikra and David Krizaj -- The transduction channels of rod and cone photoreceptors / Dimitri Tränkner -- Rhodopsins in Drosophila color vision / David Jukam, Preet Lidder, and Claude Desplan -- INAD signaling complex of Drosophila photoreceptors / Armin Huber and Nina E. Meyer -- Visual signal processing in the inner retina / Botir T. Sagdullaev, Tomomi Ichinose, Erika D. Eggers, and Peter D. Lukasiewicz -- Human clone spectral sensitivities and color vision deficiencies / Andrew Stockman and Lindsay T. Sharpe -- Luminous efficiency functions / Lindsay T. Sharpe and Andrew Stockman -- Cone pigments and vision in the mouse / Gerald H. Jacobs -- Multifocal oscillatory potentials of the human retina / Anne Kurtenbach and Herbert Jägle -- The aging of the retina / Caren Bellmann and José A. Sahel -- Aging of the retinal pigment epithelium / Michael E. Boulton -- Visual transduction and age-related changes in lipofuscin / Małgorzata Różanowski and Bartosz Różanowski -- A nonspecific system provides nonphotic information for the biological clock / Marian H. Lewandowski -- The circadian clock : physiology, genes, and disease / Michael C. Antle.
- 9781588299574 (hbk.)
- Accompanying CD contains black-and-white and color illustrations; image files are organized into folders by chapter number and are viewable in most Web browsers.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements for accompanying CD-ROM: compatible with both Mac and PC operating systems.
View MARC record | catkey: 20539092