Wandering women and holy matrons [electronic resource] : women as pilgrims in the later Middle Ages / by Leigh Ann Craig
- Craig, Leigh Ann
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- x, 308 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Studies in medieval and Reformation traditions, 1573-4188 ; v. 138
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- "She koude muchel of wandrynge by the weye" : pilgrimage and the fear of wandering women -- "The mother prayed, the daughter felt relief" : women and miraculous pilgrimage -- "Stronger than men and braver than knights" : women and devotional pilgrimage -- "She was brought to the shrine by force" : women and compulsory pilgrimage -- "That you cannot see them comes only from an impossibility" : women and non-corporeal pilgrimage -- Home again : conclusions on women as pilgrims in the later Middle Ages.
- 9789004174269 (hardback : alk. paper)
9004174265 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Revision of author's thesis (Ph. D.)--The Ohio State University, 2001.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -299) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20539199