Western crime fiction goes East [electronic resource] : the Russian Pinkerton craze 1907-1934 / by Boris Dralyuk
- Dralyuk, Boris
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 182 pages : some colored illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "As many street cops as corners": displacing 1905 in the Pinkertons -- A terrible vengeance: the "avenger detective" in Russia -- Slumming litterateurs and starving students: the Pinkertons' purported authors -- The persistence of Pinkertons: reception before and after the revolution -- The red Pinkerton's rise: Bukharin and the Komsomol -- How the mess was mended: Marietta Shaginian and red pinkertonism -- The novel, the film, and the kinoroman: parody and the decline of the red Pinkerton -- The question of genre and the Pinkertons' legacy.
- 9789004233102 (hardback : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 161-177) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20539337