Within our reach : a national strategy to eliminate child abuse and neglect fatalities / Commission to Eliminate Child Abuse and Neglect Fatalities
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Commission to Eliminate Child Abuse and Neglect Fatalities
- Additional Titles:
- National strategy to eliminate child abuse and neglect fatalities
- Washington, DC : Commission to Eliminate Child Abuse and Neglect Fatalities, 2016., Washington, DC : For sale by the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Publishing Office, and [Getzville, N.Y.] : William S. Hein & Co., 
- Final report, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xix, 151 pages) : illustrations
- HeinOnline U.S. federal agency documents, decisions, and appeals and HeinOnline legal classics library
- Executive summary: Our promises to children -- Introduction. Confronting the tragedy of child abuse and fatalities -- Section 1. Populations in need of special attention -- Hillsborough County, Florida: using data to improve practice and keep children safe -- Saving children's lives today and into the future -- Addressing the needs of American Indian/Alaska native children -- Reducing child abuse and neglect deaths in disproportionately affected communities -- Section 2. Components of the Commission's national strategy -- Wichita, Kansas: champions for children -- Leadership and accountability -- Double protection for children: connecting law enforcement and CPS -- Decisions grounded in better data and research -- Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community: multiple eyes on the child -- Multidisciplinary support for families -- Conclusion: Taking our recommendations forward -- Appendix A: Protect Our Kids Act of 2012 -- Appendix B: Commissioner biographies -- Appendix C: Presenters at public meetings -- Appendix D: Stakeholders and stakeholder organizations -- Appendix E: Organizations providing written testimony -- Appendix F: List of federal policies and programs reviewed -- Appendix G: Additional recommendations from stakeholders for Chapters 3 and 4 -- Appendix H: Proposed additional responsibilities of the Children's Bureau -- Appendix I: List of proposed new data elements to include in the Annual Child Maltreatment Report -- Appendix J: Record of voting on the final report -- Appendix K: Minority report -- Appendix L: Letters from commissioners.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 20542442