Religious discrimination : a neglected issue : a consultation / sponsored by the United States Commission on Civil Rights, Washington, D.C., April 9-10, 1979
- [Washington, District of Columbia] : [United States Commission on Civil Rights],  and [Getzville, New York] : William S. Hein & Company, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (viii, 541 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- United States Commission on Civil Rights
- HeinOnline religion and the law and HeinOnline civil rights and social justice
- The true nature of Christianity -- Miracles or money -- Religion and taxation -- The moral distrust of social institutions -- Quacks abounding -- Social justice on the curbstone -- Feminism -- Israel in bondage -- Democracy -- Health -- Religious education -- Panel One. Statement of W. Melvin Adams, Director of Public Affairs and Religious Liberty, National Conference of Seventh-Day Adventists -- Statement of Daniel Leach, Vice Chairman, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission -- Statement of Kenneth Patton, Chief, Regulations and Procedures, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, Department of Labor -- Statement of David A. Brody, Chairperson, Task Force on Employment for the Leadership Conference on Civil Rights -- Statement of Dennis Rapp, Executive Director and General Counsel, National Jewish Committee on Public Affairs (COPA) -- Statement of Steven Heard, Public Affairs Representative, Church of Scientology -- Statement of Lee Boothby, Legal Counsel, General COnference of the Seventh-Day Adventists., Panel Two. Statement of Galen Martin, Executive Director, Kentucky Commission on Human Rights -- Statement of Arthur L. Green, Executive Director, Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities -- Statement of Thomas J. Peloso, Jr., Chief Deputy Director, Michigan Department of Civil Rights -- Statement of Mauricio R. Munoz, Jr., Commissioner, California Fair Employment Practice Commission -- Statement of Homer C. Floyd, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission -- Statement of Alton R. Waldon, Deputy Commissioner, New York State Division of Human Rights., Panel Three. Statement of Ira Gissen, Director, National Discrimination Department, Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith -- Statement of Seymour Samet, National Director, Domestic Affairs Department, American Jewish Committee -- Statement of Michael Schwartz, Associate Executive Director, Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights -- Statement of Charles A. Reams, Jr., President, Humanist Association of the National Capital Area., Panel Four. Statement of Walter R. Echo-Hawk, Co-Director, American Indian Religious Freedom Project -- Statement of Seymour Gettman, Chief, Office of Leave and Pay Administration Policy, Compensation Division, Office of Personnel Management -- Statement of Susan Shown Harjo, Special Assistant Secretary of the Interior for Indian Affairs, and Coordinator, Task Force to Implement the American Indian Religious Freedom Act., Panel Five. Statement of Clair A. Cripe, General Counsel, Bureau of Prisons, Department of Justice -- Statement of Richard A. Houlahan, Priest and Administrator, Federal Prison Systems Chaplaincy Service -- Statement of Larry F. Taylor, Warden, Federal Correctional Institution, Lompoc, California., Panel Six. Statement of William Collins, Director, Correctional Law Project of the American Correctional Association -- Statement of Khalil Abdel Alim, Inman, World Community of Al-Islam in the West -- Statement of Harold J. Smith, Superintendent, New York State Attica Correction Facility., Panel Seven. Statement of Alvin Bronstein, Director, National Prison Project of the American Civil Liberties Union -- Statement of Khalil Abdel Alim, Inman, World Community of Al-Islam in the West -- Statement of Felix W. White, Jr., Executive Director, Nebraska Indian Commission -- Statement of Marc D. Stern, Staff Attorney, American Jewish Congress., and Prepared Statements. An overview of the religious discrimination issue / by W. Melvin Adams -- The church of Scientology / by Steven R. Heard -- Statement by Lee Boothby -- Religious discrimination in employment / by Galen Martin -- The Michigan department of civil rights / by Thomas J. Peloso, Jr. -- The California fair employment practice commission / by Mauricio R. Munoz, Jr. -- Religious discrimination in employment / by Ira Gissen -- Executive suite and social discrimination / by Seymour Samet -- Statement by Walter R. Echo-Hawk -- Adjustment of work schedules for religious observances / by Seymour Gettman -- Statement by Michael Schwartz -- Religious freedom in prison / by Clair A. Cripe -- The perspective of the world community of Al-Islam in the west / by Inman Khalil Abdel Alim.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 535-541).
View MARC record | catkey: 20542564