A view of the people of the whole world: or, A short survey of their policies : dispositions, naturall departments, complexions, ancient and moderne customes, manners, habits & fashions. A worke every where adorned with philosophicall, morall and historical observations on the occasions of their mutations & changes throughout all ages, For the readers greater delight figures are annexed to most of the relations / scripsit J.B. ...
- J. B. (John Bulwer), 1606-1656
- Additional Titles:
- Bulwer's artificial changing
Running title: Man transform'd: or, The artificial changling
- London : Printed by William Hunt, 1654.
- Physical Description:
- 16 unnumbered pages, 559 pages, 32 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 19 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Hunt, William, active 1647-1660
- Rare Books copy: Formerly part of an 18th-century library in Williamscote House near Banbury, England, assembled by John Loveday (1711-1789), philologist and antiquary, who lived at Caversham in Oxfordshire. The library was moved to Williamscote House in 1799 by John Loveday the second (1742-1809), Doctor of Laws.
- Title in red and black.
Head pieces, initials; marginal notes.
"J.B." stands for John Bulwer.
Manuscript notes and drawings throughout book.
A reprint of the expanded 1653 edition of Antropometomorphosis.
View MARC record | catkey: 2057248