The red violin [sound recording] : original motion picture soundtrack / [music by John Corigliano].
- Corigliano, John, 1938-
- Uniform Title:
- Motion picture music. Selections
- New York : Sony Classical, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Salonen, Esa-Pekka, 1958-, Gohl, Teese, Bell, Joshua, 1967-, and Philharmonia Orchestra (London, England)
- Language Note:
- Vocal portions sung in English.
- Anna's theme (2:50) -- I. CREMONA. Main title (2:42) ; Death of Anna (1:44) ; Birth of the red violin (3:05) ; The red violin (1:34) -- II. VIENNA. The monastery (1:06) ; Kaspar's audition/Journey to Vienna (2:38) ; Etudes/Death of Kaspar (2:48) -- III. OXFORD. The gypsies/Journey across Europe (2:07) ; Pope's gypsy cadenza (1:37) ; Coitus musicalis/Victoria's departure (4:40) ; Pope's concert (1:22) ; Pope's betrayal (3:00) -- IV. SHANGHAI. Journey to China (4:10) ; People's revolution/Death of Chou Yuan (3:15) -- V. MONTREAL. Morritz discovers the red violin (3:38) ; Morritz's theme (1:54) ; The theft (2:10) ; End titles (1:46) -- The red violin : chaconne for violin and orchestra (17:37).
- Compact disc.
Program notes in English with French, German, and Italian translations (23 p. : ports.) in container.
Motion picture music, principally for orchestra, and chaconne, for violin with orchestra.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Producer Matthias Gohl; executive producers John Corigliano & François Girard; orchestration by John Corigliano; recorded and mixed by Joel Iwataki.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Joshua Bell, violin ; vocal and instrumental soloists ; chorus ; Philharmonia Orchestra ; Esa-Pekka Salonen, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded at Abbey Road Studios, London, Dec. 27-31, 1997, and Jan. 2 and 4, 1998.
View MARC record | catkey: 2058571