Descriptive sheet to accompany Physiographic Diagram of the Indian Ocean [cartographic material] / Bruce C. Heezen and Marie Tharp, Dept. [of] Geology and Lamont Geological Observatory, Columbia University, New York, N.Y.
- Heezen, Bruce C.
- New York : Geological Society of America, [between 1960 and 1969?] and 1965 printing.
- Physical Description:
- 3 maps on 1 sheet : both sides ; 49 x 38 cm, sheet 112 x 85 cm, folded to 28 x 10 cm
- Figure 3. Control chart. All sounding lines used in the preparation of the physiographic diagram are shown -- Figure 4. Physiographic provinces. Provinces on continental areas after Lobeck (1945a; 1945b; 1946) -- Figure 5. Bathymetric sketch of the Indian Ocean.
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale not given. (E 20 0--E 120 0/N 30 0--S 72 0).
- Depths shown by isolines on bathymetric map., "Prepared under the auspices of the International Indian Ocean Expedition Sub-Committee on Geology-Geophysics and Bathymetry...", "The Floors of the Oceans. III. The Indian Ocean, a descriptive text treating the nomenclature and the morphological, geological, and geophysical characteristics ... will be prepared by the authors for submission to the Society.", Includes text and 2 cross-sections., Accompanies: Physiographic diagram of the Indian Ocean, Red Sea, the South China Sea, the Sulu Sea and the Celebes Sea / by Bruce C. Heezen and Marie Tharp. 1 col. map. New York : Geological Society of America, c1965., and Text title.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliography.
View MARC record | catkey: 2058766