Teacher education across minority serving institutions : programs, policies, and social justice / edited by Emery Petchauer, Lynnette Mawhinney
- New Brunswick, New Jersey : Rutgers University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- vii, 196 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Petchauer, Emery and Mawhinney, Lynnette, 1979-
- Machine generated contents note: pt. ONE Community Connections and Justice-Oriented Teacher Education -- 1.The Promise of Equity: Preparing Future Teachers to Be Socially Just Educators / Annette M. Daoud -- 2.Learning from the Community: Innovative Partnerships That Inform Tribal College Teacher Education Programming / Danielle Lansing -- 3.Teacher Preparation for Our Communities: Building Co-teaching Collaborative Schools from the Ground Up / Irene Welch -- 4.From Our Own Gardens: Growing Our Own Bilingual Teachers in the Southwest / Sandra Browning -- pt. TWO Program Responses to Contemporary Demands -- 5.Lifting Gates and Building Skills: Preparing Diverse Candidates to Pass New Certification Exams / Denise L. McLurkin -- 6.Special Education Teacher Preparation Reform in Context: Lessons from a Decade of Program Support / Rosanne Ward -- 7.Becoming a Black Institution: Challenges and Changes for Teacher Education Programs at Emerging Minority-Serving Institutions / Emery Petchauer -- 8.The Future of Teacher Education at Tribal Colleges and Universities: A Talking Circle of Education Warriors / Carmelita Lamb -- 9.Teacher Preparation at Historically Black Colleges and Universities: Remaining Relevant in a Climate of Accountability / Lynnette Mawhinney.
- 9780813588667 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0813588669 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9780813588650 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0813588650 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20760195