iOS Code Testing [electronic resource] : Test-Driven Development and Behavior-Driven Development with Swift / by Abhishek Mishra
- Mishra, Abhishek
- Berkeley, CA : Apress : Imprint: Apress, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- XIX, 440 pages 199 illustrations, 185 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Chapter 1 Introduction to Test-Driven Development -- Chapter 2 Writing your first set of Unit Tests -- Chapter 3 Introducing the MVVM pattern -- Chapter 4 Applying TDD techniques to the data model -- Chapter 5 Testing View Controllers -- Chapter 6 Testing Collection Views -- Chapter 7 Testing NSURLSession -- Chapter 8 Testing Legacy code -- Chapter 9 Continuous Integration -- Chapter 10 Introduction to BDD -- Chapter 11 Installing Quick -- Chapter 12 Applying BDD and TDD techniques -- Chapter 13 Testing the UI.
- Put into motion practical examples to master Test-Driven Development (TDD) and acceptance testing in Swift. This book uses a pragmatic approach to writing well-tested code and provides techniques that can be used to retrofit tests to legacy code bases. You'll be introduced to basic principles of TDD, such as Test First, Red-Green-Refactor, Remove Duplicate code, Dependency Injection, and Single Responsibility. Approaches covered include TDD, behavior-driven development (BDD), UI, and acceptance testing with common standard/open source frameworks. iOS Code Testing offers helpful instruction to teach iOS developers to retrospectively fit tests to legacy code, refactor legacy code so as to make the code more testable, install and configure a popular Swift BDD framework, practice BDD with Xcode, and create automated UI tests with Xcode. Additionally, many projects have legacy code bases. Legacy code is often seen as a blocker when it comes to implementing any kind of testing.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 20760501