Lectures on General Quantum Correlations and their Applications [electronic resource] / edited by Felipe Fernandes Fanchini, Diogo de Oliveira Soares Pinto, Gerardo Adesso
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- IX, 542 pages 96 illustrations, 90 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Fanchini, Felipe Fernandes, Soares Pinto, Diogo de Oliveira, Adesso, Gerardo, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Quantum Science and Technology, 2364-9054
- 1) Foundations of Quantum Discord -- Why should we care about quantum discord? -- From Discord to Entanglement -- Entanglement distribution and quantum discord -- Local Broadcasting of Quantum Correlations -- Quantum discord in quantum communication protocols -- Non-Classical correlations in information processing -- Discord, quantum knowledge and private communications -- Metrological measures of non-classical correlations -- Geometric measures of quantum correlations with Bures and Hellinger distances -- Quantum Correlations in Multipartite Quantum Systems -- Monogamy of quantum correlations - a review -- Quantum Discord and entropic measures of quantum correlations: Optimization and behavior in finite XY spin chains -- Measurement-induced nonlocality and quantum correlations under local operations -- The sudden change phenomenon of quantum discord -- Overview on the phenomenon of two-qubit entanglement revivals in classical environments -- The local detection method: Dynamical detection of quantum discord with local operations -- Frozen and Invariant Quantum Discord under Local Dephasing Noise -- Experimental investigation of the dynamics of quantum discord in optical systems -- Experimental investigation of quantum correlation in solid-state spin system -- Quantum Correlations in NMR systems -- NMR Contributions to the study of Quantum Correlations -- Quantum correlations and synchronization measures -- How does interference fall? .
- This book presents a distinctive way of understanding quantum correlations beyond entanglement, introducing readers to this less explored yet very fundamental aspect of quantum theory. It takes into account most of the new ideas involving quantum phenomena, resources, and applications without entanglement, both from a theoretical and an experimental point of view. This book serves as a reference for both beginner students and experienced researchers in physics and applied mathematics, with an interest in joining this novel venture towards understanding the quantum nature of the world.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 20760625