Patient Safety and Quality in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation [electronic resource] / edited by Christopher E. Dandoy, Joanne M. Hilden, Amy L. Billett, Brigitta U. Mueller
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- XIV, 378 pages 32 illustrations, 9 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Dandoy, Christopher E.
Hilden, Joanne M.
Billett, Amy L.
Mueller, Brigitta U.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Introduction to Patient Safety and Quality in the Pediatric/Hematology Oncology and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Practice -- Science of Improvement -- Introduction to Patient Safety -- Teamwork and Collaboration -- QI Methods and Improvement Science -- Measuring for Improvement -- Sustainability and Spread -- Principles of Patient Safety in Pediatric Hem/Onc/HSCT -- Implementation of Evidence Based Care -- Chemotherapy and Medication Safety -- Healthcare-Associated Infections in Pediatric Hematology Oncology -- Pediatric Venous Thromboembolism -- Blood Product Administration Safety -- Home Medication Safety and Adherence -- Implementation of Evidence-Based Care in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Practice -- Implementation of Evidence-Based Care in the Sickle Cell and Hemophilia Patient Population -- Quality and Safety in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Patients -- Quality in Pediatric Palliative Care -- Careers in Quality Improvement and Patient Safety -- Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Resources.
- This volume provides a concise yet comprehensive overview of patient safety issues and quality improvement for the pediatric hematology/oncology/stem cell transplant practice. The book reviews patient safety in complex healthcare delivery systems, delineates the various safety issues affecting pediatric hematology oncology patients, and discusses quality improvement methods and improvement science that allow the reader to implement and sustain change in their home institution. The text also explores mechanisms to measure quality and safety outcomes, allowing the provider to implement proven processes shown to minimize harm to patients. Written by experts in the field, Patient Safety and Quality in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation is a valuable resource for healthcare professionals treating pediatric hematology, oncology and stem cell transplant patients. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 20760634