Excursions in Harmonic Analysis, Volume 5 [electronic resource] : The February Fourier Talks at the Norbert Wiener Center / edited by Radu Balan, John J. Benedetto, Wojciech Czaja, Matthew Dellatorre, Kasso A. Okoudjou
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Birkhäuser, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- XVIII, 338 pages 64 illustrations, 36 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Balan, Radu, Benedetto, John J., Czaja, Wojciech, Dellatorre, Matthew, Okoudjou, Kasso A., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Applied and Numerical Harmonic Analysis, 2296-5009
- Time-Frequency Analysis and Representations of the Discrete Heisenberg Group -- Fractional Differentiation: Leibniz Meets Hölder -- Wavelets and Graph C*-Algebras -- Precise State Tracking Using Three Dimensional Edge Detection -- Approaches for Characterizing Non-Linear Mixtures in Hyperspectral Imagery -- An Application of Spectral Regularization to Machine Learning and Cancer Classification -- Embedding-based Representation of Signal Geometry -- Distributed Noise-Shaping Quantization: II. Classical Frames -- Consistent Reconstruction: Error Moments and Sampling Distributions -- Frame Theory for Signal Processing in Psychoacoustics -- A Flexible Scheme for Constructing (Quasi-)Invariant Signal Representations -- Use of Quillen-Suslin Theorem for Laurent Polynomials in Wavelet Filter Bank Design -- A Fast Fourier Transform for Fractal Approximations.
- This volume consists of contributions spanning a wide spectrum of harmonic analysis and its applications written by speakers at the February Fourier Talks from 2002 – 2016. Containing cutting-edge results by an impressive array of mathematicians, engineers, and scientists in academia, industry and government, it will be an excellent reference for graduate students, researchers, and professionals in pure and applied mathematics, physics, and engineering. Topics covered include: Theoretical harmonic analysis Image and signal processing Quantization Algorithms and representations The February Fourier Talks are held annually at the Norbert Wiener Center for Harmonic Analysis and Applications. Located at the University of Maryland, College Park, the Norbert Wiener Center provides a state-of- the-art research venue for the broad emerging area of mathematical engineering.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 20760654