Sulfur Metabolism in Higher Plants - Fundamental, Environmental and Agricultural Aspects [electronic resource] / edited by Luit J. De Kok, Malcolm J. Hawkesford, Silvia H. Haneklaus, Ewald Schnug
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- XIX, 243 pages 58 illustrations, 14 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- De Kok, L. J. (Luit J.)
Hawkesford, Malcolm J.
Haneklaus, Silvia H.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Proceedings of the International Plant Sulfur Workshop, 2451-9073
- Sulfate Transport in Plants: A Personal Perspective -- Quo Vadis Sulfur Investigatio? – 25 Years of Research into Plant Sulfate Reduction -- Expression Profile of the Serine Acetyltransferase (SERAT) and O-Acetylserine (thiol)lyase (OASTL) Gene Families in Arabidopsis -- Elucidating the Effects of Higher Expression Level of Cystathionine γ-Synthase on Methionine Contents in Transgenic Arabidopsis, Soybean and Tobacco Seeds -- Biosynthesis of S-Alk(en)yl-l-Cysteine Sulfoxides in Allium – Retro Perspective -- The Effect of Sulfur Nutrition on Glucosinolate Patterns and Their Breakdown Products in Vegetable Crops -- Prospects for Agricultural Sulfur Research -- DMSP: Occurrence in Plants and Response to Salinity in Zea mays -- Impact of Atmospheric H2S, Salinity and Anoxia on Sulfur Metabolism in Zea mays -- Salinity Influences Single Glucosinolate Content in the Halophyte Lepidium latifolium -- The Application of –S ̊-coated Fertilizer to Durum Wheat Crop -- Re-assessing Systems Biology Approaches on Analyzing Sulfate Metabolism -- Combining Isotope Labelling with High Resolution Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry to Study Sulfur Amino Acid Metabolism in Seeds of Common Bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) -- Investigations on the Current Sulfur and Sulfate Intake of Cattle in Germany - Are There Any Risks for a Consumption Exceeding Recommended Upper Limits? -- Manganese Toxicity Hardly Affects Sulfur Metabolism in Brassica rapa -- Localization of Sulfate Uptake and pH Changes at Sulfur-deprived Roots of Intact Brassica pekinensis Seedlings by using H+-selective Microelectrodes -- Evidence for Regulation of the Iron Uptake Pathway by Sulfate Supply in S-Deprived Maize Plants -- The Sulfur Pathway and Diagnosis of Sulfate Depletion in Grapevine -- Impact of Sulfate Deprivation and H2S Exposure on the Metabolites of the Activated Methyl Cycle in Chinese Cabbage -- Sulfate Transporters Involved in Cd-Induced Changes of Sulfate Uptake and Distribution in Arabidopsis thaliana -- A Glycine-Rich Protein Encoded by Sulfur-Deficiency Induced Gene is Involved in the Regulation of Callose Level and Root Elongation.
- This proceedings volume contains a selection of invited and contributed papers of the 10th International Workshop on Sulfur Metabolism in Plants, which was held in Goslar, Germany September 1-4, 2015. The focus of this workshop was on the fundamental, environmental and agricultural aspects of sulfur in plants, and presents an overview of the progress in the research developments in this field in the 28 years since the first of these workshops. The volume covers various aspects of the regulation of the uptake and assimilation of sulfate in plants from a molecular to a whole plant level with an emphasis on the significance of sulfur metabolism in plant responses to stress and in food security.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 20760710