Engineering of Biomaterials [electronic resource] / by Venina dos Santos, Rosmary Nichele Brandalise, Michele Savaris
- dos Santos, Venina
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- VIII, 86 pages 27 illustrations, 5 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Brandalise, Rosmary Nichele, Savaris, Michele, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Topics in Mining, Metallurgy and Materials Engineering, 2364-3293
- Introduction -- Biomaterials: Characteristics and Properties -- Metallic Biomaterials -- Ceramic Biomaterials -- Polymeric Biomaterials -- Composite Biomaterials -- Sterilization Methods by Biomaterials: Case Studies -- Biomaterials: Degradation and Effects in Living Tissue.
- This book focuses on biomaterials of different forms used for medical implants. The authors introduce the characteristics and properties of biomaterials and then dedicate special chapters to metallic, ceramic, polymeric and composite biomaterials. Case studies on sterilization methods by biomaterials are also presented. Finally, the authors describe the degradation and effects of biomaterials in living tissue.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 20760791