Land Use and Climate Change Interactions in Central Vietnam [electronic resource] : LUCCi / edited by Alexandra Nauditt, Lars Ribbe
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- XXXIII, 253 pages 87 illustrations, 81 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Nauditt, Alexandra, Ribbe, Lars, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Introduction -- Vu Gia Thu Bon river basin description -- Stakeholder oriented interdisciplinary research and information management for Central Vietnam -- Vu Gia Thu Bon RBIS: Project data management within LUCCi and beyond -- LUCCi high resolution climate simulation for South East Asia -- Land cover, forest and carbon stocks -- Connectivity conservation management: A biodiversity corridor for Central Vietnam -- Agricultural systems -- Carbon footprint analysis of rice production in Quang Nam province (Central Vietnam): Field observations and model simulations of Greenhouse Gas emissions -- River basin management, Nexus, infrastructure -- Water management in the low lands -- Ecosystem- based disaster risk reduction and adaptation measures in the coastal zone of the Vu Gia Thu Bon watershed.
- This book summarizes the key findings of a five-year interdisciplinary research project funded by the German Federal Ministry of Research and Education (BMBF). It serves as a typical case study for a rapidly growing and developing urban center – Da Nang City, which is surrounded by remote areas characterized by increasing migration and limited development. A number of German and Vietnamese universities and international institutions participated in the project, contributing their particular expertise to assess the data-scarce region under study, two provinces in central Vietnam with a combined area of ca. 12,000 km².
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 20760951