Giorgio Morandi : late paintings / editors, David Leiber, Lucas Zwirner ; translation, Liuyu Chen, Paul Steven, Yixin Tong
- Uniform Title:
- Giorgio Morandi (David Zwirner (Gallery))
- New York, New York : David Zwirner Books, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 88 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 29 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Leiber, David
Chen, Liuyu (Translator)
Morandi, Giorgio, 1890-1964. Selections
David Zwirner (Gallery)
- Language Note:
- In English; some texts also in Chinese.
- This publication focuses on the period from 1948 to 1964, during which Morandi developed and refined his investigations of serial, reductive, and permutational forms and compositions, a body of work that has had a profound influence on twentieth - century art and painting. Included here are five of the ten iconic "yellow cloth" paintings from 1952, a series featured prominently in the historic 1998 exhibition at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection in Venice, and numerous late paintings by the Italian master. Lavishly reproduced, these immersive plates draw attention to the idiosyncratic perspectival and color - driven decisions that give the work it s abstract power. Exhibition: David Zwirner Gallery, New York City, United States (06.11-19.12.2015).
- Catalog of an exhibition held at David Zwirner, New York, November 6 - December 19, 2015.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 20766958