China in and Beyond the Headlines [electronic resource]
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Incorporated June 2012
- 3rd ed.,Revised
- Physical Description:
- 384 p. 09.030 x 06.250 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Weston,Timothy B. 1964-, Epstein,Gady, Klingberg,Travis, Lewis,Orion A., Noble,Jonathan S., Teets,Jessica C., Wang,Alex L., Bandurski,David, Blum,Susan D., Cheek,Timothy, Erickson,Andrew S., Jensen,Lionel M., Kamm,John, Kang,Wenqing, Kaup,Katherine Palmer, Liebman,Benjamin L., and Oakes,Tim
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation In the third volume of this popular series, leading experts provide fascinating and unexpected insights into critical issues of culture, economy, politics, and society in today's China. This world, outside the reach of state control and either misunderstood or unreported in Western media, gains clarity and dimension from the fresh insights of a prominent group of activists, investigative journalists, lawyers, scholars, and travelers, who share a common interest in lessening the profound information gap between China and the rest of the world. In sixteen new essays, they address such key topics as civil society, consumerism, environmental adversity, ethnic tension, the Internet, legal reform, new media and social networking, nationalist tourism, sex and popular culture, as well the costs of urban gigantism to portray the complexity of life in contemporary Chinaand how, increasingly, it speaks to the everyday experience of the United States.
- 9781442209053 and 1442209054 (Trade Paper)
- Audience Notes:
- Trade Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Incorporated
View MARC record | catkey: 20774517