Corporate social strategy [electronic resource] : stakeholder engagement and competitive advantage / Bryan W. Husted, David Bruce Allen
- Husted, Bryan, 1957-
- Cambridge, UK ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 348 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Allen, David Bruce, 1951-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- pt. I. Fundamentals. Is corporate social strategy ethical? ; Theory of the firm and corporate social strategy ; How do we build corporate social strategy? ; Elements of successful corporate social strategy -- pt. II. The process of developing corporate social strategy. Competitive environment ; From stakeholder management to social strategy ; Resources and capabilities ; Corporate identity -- pt. III. Implementing social strategy. Organizing for social strategy ; Corporate social strategy management and the multinational company ; Measurement and evaluation ; The future of social strategy.
- "Can good-will be good business? Firms are increasingly called upon to address matters such as poverty and human rights violations. The demand for corporate social responsibility (CSR) is directed mainly at top management in multinational corporations who are reminded that, in addition to helping to make the world a better place, their commitment to social action will be rewarded by lasting customer loyalty and profits. But is it true that firms that engage in social action will be rewarded with a good name, competitive advantage, superior profits and corporate sustainability? What if it is true for some firms and not for others? This book addresses these and other questions by explaining the how and why of creating value and competitive advantage through corporate social action. It shows how and when firms can develop successful corporate social strategies that establish strong commitments to shareholders, employees and other stakeholders"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780521197649 (hardback)
9780521149631 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0521149630 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20776423