Hardcore, punk, and other junk [electronic resource] : aggressive sounds in contemporary music / edited by Eric James Abbey and Colin Helb
- Lanham, Maryland : Lexington Books, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 212 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Abbey, Eric James, 1976- and Helb, Colin
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Food for thought : on Sid Vicious's cannibalization of "My way" / Evan Ware -- Let the shillelagh fly : the Dropkick Murphys and Irish-American hybridity / Sean Ahern -- Am I evil? : the meaning of metal lyrics to its fans / Mika Elovaara -- By demons be driven? : scanning "monstrous" voices / Marcus Erbe -- Heavy metal music in the Caribbean setting : politics and language at the periphery / Nelson Varas-Diaz, Eliut Rivera-Segarra -- No fun : noise music, avant-garde aggression, and sonic punishment / Ross Hagan -- The last report : throbbing gristle and audio extremes / Brian Cogan -- Black metal soul music : stone vengeance and the aesthetics of race in heavy metal / Kevin Fellezs -- "The time is right to set our sight on salvation" : the strange tale of how the Hare Krishnas came to play hardcore punk / Colin Helb -- The cult of Hellmouth : the success of contemporary hardcore / Eric James Abbey.
- 9780739176054 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references ( pages 185-194) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20786454