Judging and understanding [electronic resource] : essays on free will, narrative, meaning and the ethical limits of condemnation / edited by Pedro Alexis Tabensky
- Aldershot, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate Pub. Ltd., c2006.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 282 p. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Tabensky, Pedro Alexis, 1964-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Equity and mercy / Martha Nussbaum -- Explanation and condemnation / Ward E. Jones -- Understanding 'understanding' in The reader / Brian Penrose -- Living with the self : self-judgement and self-understanding / Samantha Vice -- The case for moral complexity / Marc Fellman -- Moved movers : transfiguring judgement practices / Pedro Alexis Tabensky -- Philosophy, determinism and moral responsibility in times of atrocity / Chandra Kumar -- Is to understand to forgive or at least not to blame? / Kai Nielsen -- The real me / Jonathan McKeown-Green -- Judging because understanding : a defence of retributive censure / Thaddeus Metz -- Understanding condemnation : a plea for appropriate judgement / Peta Bowden and Emma Rooksby -- Humanizing evil-doers / Andrew Gleeson -- The unbearable space of Schlink's persona / Richard H. Weisberg.
- 0754653951 (hardcover : alk. paper) and 9780754653950 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20790694