The militant song movement in Latin America [electronic resource] : Chile, Uruguay, and Argentina / edited by Pablo Vila
- Lanham, Maryland : Lexington Books, 
- Physical Description:
- ix, 282 pages : music ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Vila, Pablo, 1952-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- New song in Chile : half a century of musical activism / Nancy Morris -- "Remembrance is not enough ..." ("no basta solo el recuerdo ...") : the cantata popular ; Santa María de Iquique 40 years after its release / Eileen Karmy Bolton -- The Chilean new song's cueca larga / Laura Jordán González -- Modern foundations of Uruguayan popular music / Abril Trigo -- Popular music and the avant-garde in Uruguay ; The second canto popular generation in the 1970s / Camila Juárez -- The rhythm of values : poetry and music in Uruguay, 1960-85 / María L. Figueredo -- Atahualpa yupanqui : the Latin American precursor of the militant song movement / Carlos Molinero and Pablo Vila -- A brief history of the militant song movement in Argentina / Carlos Molinero and Pablo Vila -- The revolutionary patria and its new (wo)men : gendered tropes of political agency and popular identity in Argentine folk music of the long 1960s / Illa Carrillo Rodríguez.
- 9780739183243 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 249-266) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20797101