Ecomuseums : a sense of place / Peter Davis
- Davis, Peter, 1947 November 15-
- Leicester ; New York : Leicester University Press, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 271 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Pt. I. Historical and Philosophical Background -- 1. Place exploration: museums and the environment -- 2. Place exploration: museums, identity, community -- 3. Museums, community, environment: the emergence of the ecomuseum -- Pt. II. Ecomuseums: An Overview -- 4. From theory to practice: ecomuseums in France -- 5. Ecomuseums in Continental Europe -- 6. Ecomuseum potential in Britain -- 7. Crossing the oceans: ecomuseums in North America, Australia and Japan -- 8. Ecomuseums in the South -- Pt. III. Re-Evaluating the Ecomuseum -- 9. The ecomuseum myth? -- Appendix. a world list ecomuseums.
- "Using case studies from around the world, Ecomuseums: A Sense of Place assesses the current range of activities undertaken by ecomuseums and suggests ways in which they might contribute towards ecotourism and sustainable communities."--BOOK JACKET.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2080617