Reflections on aesthetic judgment and other essays [electronic resource] / Benjamin Tilghman
- Tilghman, Benjamin R.
- Aldershot, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate Pub. Ltd., c2006.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 176 p. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The literary work of art -- Aesthetic descriptions and secondary senses -- Danto and the ontology of literature -- Understanding people and understanding art -- Picture space and moral space -- Reflections on aesthetic theory -- Literature, philosophy and nonsense -- Charles le Brun, theory, philosophy and irony -- Architecture, expression and the understanding of a culture -- Perspective, painting and the look of the world -- A conceptual dimension of art history -- Language and painting, border wars and pipe dreams -- Literature, human understanding and morality -- Reflections on aesthetic judgment.
- 0754657078 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9780754657071 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 20806318