Sacred steel [electronic resource] : inside an African American steel guitar tradition / Robert L. Stone
- Stone, Robert L., 1944-
- Urbana : University of Illinois Press, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 280 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Music in American life
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Discovery -- The churches : beliefs, social milieu, and the development of the steel guitar -- Traditions -- Church meetings and the steel guitarist's role in them -- The steel guitar -- The Eason Brothers -- Little Willie and his talking guitar -- Henry Nelson : the liberace of sacred steel -- The Jewell Dominion -- Motor city steel -- Calvin Cooke -- Shaping the modern sound : pedal-steel guitar innovators Chuck Campbell and Glenn Lee -- Negotiating the new millennium.
- 9780252035548 (cloth : alk. paper)
0252035542 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780252077432 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0252077431 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -254), discography (p. -263), and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20809754