South Pacific cauldron [electronic resource] : World War II's great forgotten battlegrounds / Alan Rems
- Rems, Alan
- Annapolis, MD. : Naval Institute Press, .
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The hottest potato -- I want you to take Buna, or not come back alive -- There was indeed only one Yamamoto -- The most unintelligently waged land campaign -- A custody receipt for Munda ... keep 'em dying -- Lae and Salamaua must be defended to the death -- Prevent your troops engaging my troops -- The weakness of trying to fight battles from a distance -- It's Torokina. Now get on your horses! -- Halsey knows the straight story -- Make sure they think the invasion has commenced -- Guadalcanal minus most of the errors -- The final outcome ... was never in doubt -- The most desperate emergency -- The closest thing to a living hell -- A shop in the Japs' front yard -- More nerve-racking than ... Tobruk or El Alamein -- Nature proved to be a worse enemy than the Japanese -- Keep Rabaul burning! -- The worst-kept secret of the war in the South Pacific -- But for the stern resistance ... of the XIV corps -- They wanted to fight -- The South Pacific campaign was finished -- Kicking around a corpse -- The Japanese could die where they were or die advancing -- Doubtful that he checked with the ordinary foot soldier -- No enemy can withstand you -- Japan man e cry enough -- Once it was over it was over -- Notes -- Bibliography -- Index.
- 9781612514703 (epub), 9781612514703 (pdf), 9781612514703 ( mobi), and 9781612514710 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20812225