The Chinese armed forces in the 21st century / edited by Larry M. Wortzel
- Wortzel, Larry M.
- Additional Titles:
- Chinese armed forces in the twenty-first century
- Carlisle Barracks, Pa. : Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 344 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Army War College (U.S.). Strategic Studies Institute
- Introduction / James R. Lilley -- The Chinese military and the peripheral states in the 21st century: a security tour d'horizon / Eric A. McVadon -- PLA capabilities in the 21st century: how does China assess its future security needs? / Michael Pillsbury -- Advanced military technology and the PLA: priorities and capabilities for the 21st century / Bernard D. Cole, Paul H.B. Godwin -- U.S.-Chinese military relations in the 21st century / Larry M. Wortzel -- Taiwan's military in the 21st century: redefinition and reorganization / Arthur Shu-fan Ding, Alexander Chieh-cheng Huang -- Taiwan's military: a view from afar / June Teufel Dreyer -- Concluding comment: the political angle - new phenomena in party-army relations / Ellis Joffe.
- "Introduction by Ambassador James R. Lilley"--Cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2081621