The touchstone, or, The way to know a true Christian : being a description of the character of our blessed Savior, with an inquiry whether we are like Him : to which is added, an appeal first to infidels, and then to persons who call themselves by the name of Christians
- Additional Titles:
- Touchstone, Way to know a true Christian, and Sunday reading
- London : Sold by J. Marshall (printer to the Cheap Repository for Religious and Moral Tracts) no. 17, Queen-street, Cheapside, and no. 4, Aldermary Church-yard : And R. White, Piccadilly ; Bath : By S. Hazard : And by all Booksellers, newsmen, and hawkers, in town and country, 
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages : illustrations ; 18 x 12 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Marshall, John (Printer), White, R., and Hazard, Samuel, -1806
Full Text available online
- Cheap repository ; 
- Cover title., Title and imprint from p. ., Undated. Date from Spinney, cited below., Woodcut: title page vignette., At head of title: Cheap Repository. Sunday Reading., "Price one penny."--Page ., First sentence: "In this Christian Country, or at least among the more Christian part of it, the duty of imitating him by whose name we call ourselves is a point which must be allowed to be clear.", and Includes 1 woodcut.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Harrisburg copy: Gift and purchase of Alice Marshall; 1991.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Spinney, G.H. Cheap repository tracts. (The Library, 4th ser., v. 20, no. 3 (Dec. 1939): 295-340), 52
View MARC record | catkey: 20821750