IEEE standard for medical device communications : transport profile--IrDA based--cable connected / Sponsor, IEEE 1073 Committee of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society
- Additional Titles:
- Standard for medical device communications
- New York, N.Y., USA : Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 2000.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 69 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, and IEEE-SA Standards Board
- A connection-oriented transport profile and physical layer suitable for medical device communications in legacy devices is established. Communications services and protocols consistent with specifications of the Infrared Data Association are defined. These communication services and protocols are optimized for use in patient-connected bedside medical devices.
- "IEEE Std 1073.3.2-2000.", "Approved 30 January 2000, IEEE-SA Standards Board.", and "14 April 2000"--Back cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 2084610