A sermon preach'd before the Sons of the Clergy at their anniversary-meeting in the cathedral church of St. Paul, December 14, 1721 / by Daniel Waterland
- Waterland, Daniel, 1683-1740
- London : Printed for W. and J. Innys ..., 1722.
- Physical Description:
- 40 pages ; 19 cm (8vo).
- Additional Creators:
- Corporation of the Sons of the Clergy (London, England)
- Rare Books copy: Formerly part of an 18th-century library in Williamscote House near Banbury, England, assembled by John Loveday (1711-1789), philologist and antiquary, who lived at Caversham in Oxfordshire. The library was moved to Williamscote House in 1799 by John Loveday the second (1742-1809), Doctor of Laws.
- Half title: Dr. Waterland's sermon preach'd before the Sons of the Clergy.
Signatures: [A]-E 4.
On text: Matthew V, 16.
- Binding notes:
- With this is bound: A familiar discourse upon the doctrine of the holy trinity, and the use and importance of it / Daniel Waterland. London : Printed for William and John Innys, at the west end of St. Paul's, 1723 -- Regeneration stated and explained / Daniel Waterland. London : Printed for W. Innys and R. Manby, 1740 -- A sermon preached at the New Parish Church of St. Martin in the Fields Westminster, Oct. 20, 1726 / Zachary Pearce. London : Printed for S. Harding, 1727 -- A sermon on self-murder / Zachary Pearce. London : Printed by M. Downing, 1736 -- Jephthah's vow considered / Thomas Randolph. Oxford : bPrinted and the Theatre for J. Fletcher ... and sold by J. Fletcher and Co. ... London, 1766 -- The excellency of the Jewish Law vindicated / Thomas Randolph. London : Printed for J. and J. Fletcher, in the Turle, and sold by J. and F. Rivington, in St. Paul's Church-Yard, London, and Messrs Merril at Cambridge, 1773 -- An attempt to restore the true reading and rendering of the last verse of the 4th Chapter of Nehemiah / John Hopkins. Oxford : Printed at the Clarendon-Press, for Dan. Prince, and sold by J. & F. Rivington, in St. Paul's Church-yard, London, 1771 -- An apology for the brute creation, or, abuse of animals censured / James Granger. London : Printed for T. Davies, in Russel-Street, Covent-Gardens, and sold by J. Bew, in Paternoster-row, 1776 -- The nature and extent of industry / James Granger. London : Printed for the author, and sold by T. Davies, in Russel-Street, Covent-Garden, 1773 -- A sermon preached before the University of Oxford, at St. Mary's on Act Sunday, July the 11th, 1773 / Thomas Griffith. Oxford : Printed at the Clarendon Press, Sold by D. Prince and J. Rivington, London, 1773 -- Christ the object of religious adoration and therefore very God / George Horne. Oxford : At the Clarendon press, sold by Daniel Prince, and by John and Francis Rivington, London, 1775 -- The providence of God manifested in the rise and fall of empires / George Horne. Oxford : Clarendon Press, 1775 -- The Resurrection of the body, deduced from the Resurrection of Christ, ... / Robert Holmes. 2d ed. Oxford : Printed for D. Prince and J. Cooke ..., 1779 -- Sermon against persecution, preached at Houghton-Le-Spring ... / John Rotheram. Newcastle upon Tyne : Printed by T. Saint, for J. Robson, 1780. -- Devout observance of the Christian sabbath recommended, a sermon preached before the University of Oxford ... /Samuel Glasse. London : Printed J. Rivington ..., 1781. -- A discourse preached on Sunday the 5th of August, 1787, on the re-opening of the Parish Church of Kidderminster / George Butt. Kidderminster : Printed and sold by N. Rollason, 1787? -- A discourse preached on Sunday the 12th of October, 1788, in the parish church of St. Lawrence, in Reading / George Butt. Reading : Printed and sold by Smart and Cowslade, 1788? -- A sermon on the sacrament of the Lord's Supper / William Cleaver. Oxford : Printed for J. Fletcher in the Turl; and sold by Mr. Poole and Mr. Broster in Chester, 1789.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English short title catalogue, T49121
View MARC record | catkey: 208468